Everyone thinks that there is not any difference between cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery. If you are also think that they are same, then you are not alone. But technically these are not same. Both surgeries are different but closely related to each other by their specialties. Both are used to improve body contour but are different in outcome of the surgery.
The main focus of cosmetic surgery is to enhance patient appearance by improving aesthetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion of body. It can be performed on head, neck and all parts of body. The cosmetic surgery is optional because treated area perform properly.
Procedure of cosmetic surgery includes:
- Breast Enhancement, Breast Lift & Breast Reduction
- Rhinoplasty, Chin, or Cheek Enhancement
- Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift
- Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Gynecomastia Treatment
- Laser resurfacing and Filler Treatments
Plastic surgery is the procedure to reconstruct the body and facial defect which could be by birth defect, burn or any disease. This surgery is usually plan to correct any dysfunctional area or to reconstruct the body area. Many plastic surgeon also decide to complete additional training and perform cosmetic surgery as well.
Plastic surgery procedures includes:
- Breast Reconstruction
- Burn Repair
- Cleft lip & Palate, Extremity Defect Repair
- Lower Extremity Reconstruction
- Hand Surgery
- Scar Revision Surgery